Christine and I had our appointment this morning for our first Sonogram at Mercy Womancare associates in Pleasant Hills. I can honestly say that last night I slept about as much as a 5 year old on Christmas Eve. I woke up with more excitement than I have in years. I had very little nervous energy, Christine on the other hand was a ball of nerves. She must have had a case of the what if's last night. But as soon as the ultrasound began and the technician began the 40 minute procedure we began to hear alot of "that's normals." As in, head looks good, there are the eyes, that's normal. Kidneys are normal, spine normal, hands, feet, normal, normal. Cerebellum development is normal, hmm lets check the heart, normal, normal, normal. Heart rate is 146, normal. No cleft lips, brain size looks good, no club feet, normal, normal, normal.
My family seems to have a knack for producing boys, well maybe not entirely but that is the recent trend. Since sex is determined by the male in the relationship we can just look at my dads side of the family. My dad is from a family of 5, 2 girls, 3 boys. I am from a family of 4, 3 boys and 1 girl. My brother Andy is married to Shannon they have 2 boys Nicolas and Emerson. My brother Bob is married to Terri and they just had a baby boy 7 months ago Emry. My sister Trish isn't married yet but she has plenty of time on her side, she is going to be an awesome aunt and great mom someday (no rush T!!)
Nicolas
Emerson
Emry
Christine has been saying this entire pregnancy that we are having a boy. Me, I took the opposite approach as in, its a girl so that if I was right I could tell her I was better at predicting than her. Of course in the sonogram the tech does all her health checks then checks to find out the sex of the child. We spent the last 15 minutes of the sonogram coaxing the baby to uncross its legs to reveal its little secret. After some bouncing around and jiggling to get the baby to move we learned that we are having a boy! Surprise Surprise! For once in my life (maybe the first time ever) I was wrong. We are so excited to begin planning the nursery and shopping for our new son! Ultimately all we could have asked for is a healthy properly developing baby regardless of sex. But, I can't say that I am disappointed to have a fishing, hockey, football, running, mountain biking, snowboarding, and mamma's little boy...buddy.
I think my brothers kids are wonderful, Nicolas is intelligent and fun, Emerson (Captain Destructo) is a ham and so curious, and Emry is laid back and just adorable. I can't wait for the future with our son I know he will be a wonderful addition to our close knit family! I am so happy that he will have 2 cousins close to his age and numerous other babies among family and friends to grow up with!
So without further adieu meet our son...(no names in the blog yet). We have one picked out and our close family knows it but just in case we change our mind he is just mini me right now.





2 comments:
This is your best blog post yet. I really enjoyed it. So happy that you're having a healthy baby boy! I want to know the name HMPH!
Loved this entry. It's wonderful to see you both so excited for this! I'm happy you guys are having a boy first, just make sure it's a girl second, ok? I want a neice to turn into a tomboy. <3 By the time I have children your kids will be my babysitters haha
Post a Comment