all the things in my life that need changing or relate to it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

a tinge of jealousy.

I am not a jealous person by nature, I know better.  Jealousy just leads to anger, frustration, and fights.  I am incredibly proud of my wife.  She works very hard to keep her life normal during the pregnancy.  She fights extreme fatigue, nausea on a 24 hour basis (although this has resigned a bit since the 2nd trimester started).  She has occasional headaches and some that become debilitating migraines.  She doesn't drink any caffeine, gave up her favorite wines, and sleeps out of exhaustion throughout the day.  I am not jealous of the constant aches and pains that turn up on a daily basis.  The pains of ligaments stretching and pulling, the lack of sleep as a result of those pains.  I am not jealous of the bloating, the gas, the constant stuffy nose, or the constipation. 

What I am jealous of is everything else.  We were laying on the couch watching tv a week or two ago and Christine said, "hmmm that was odd, I think I just felt the baby move."  I thought how cool, I wish I could feel that.  Granted as a guy I can honestly say that I have no desire to be pregnant.  I will leave that task to all those strong women out there.  But I am jealous of the feeling of knowing that the future of our family is growing inside of my wife.  I am jealous of the kicks, flutters, and movements of the baby that I will never feel on the level that Christine does.  I am looking forward to spending time with my wife and being able to feel the baby move from the outside.  I can't begin to imagine how powerful that will be when it happens and I am counting the seconds until it does. 

1 comment:

Susan Tirch said...

The first flutters are the greatest thing.. sorry not trying to make you more jealous. I will tell you though that contractions are like a swift kick to the ... well you know where... but the pain last that intense for up to 2 minutes. Fun right? Still jealous? LOL!