I have today off from work. I have plenty of work to do around the house even after my handy husband jobs of putting in a new kitchen faucet and gas line for our new dryer. Our old kitchen faucet was leaking and a hideous combination of chrome and gold. It was straight out of 1990's tacky home furnishings catalog. (no offense if you are into that...me, not so much) I wish I would have had the forethought to take before and after pictures but I did not, so you get the after.
Please excuse the dirty dishes, since we didn't have running water for most of the morning we also have dirty dishes accumulating in our sink.
The dryer wasn't nearly as glorious or fashionable. Just your standard Whirlpool gas dryer, white with knobs and buttons. The gas line was a relatively simple install. Just a new safety valve beyond the shutoff, a stainless steel flexible gas line and some adapters to get the line hooked up to the dryer. Follow that up with a leak check on the line and then test fire the new dryer. Runs like a dream, and quiet as a church mouse.
Today I had originally planned to get out and finish up some leftover yard work from the winter. Seeing as today is going to end up being mostly a washout I will take care of some of the inside chores instead. Having a pregnant wife means I have inherited many of her chores as well. I don't mind she is making a big enough sacrifice as is for our family. She has been having some hip pain recently due to some pull on ligaments in her hip and its causing her to lose sleep. Hopefully its just a temporary "growing pain" and will get better soon. But in the meantime anything I can do to help her around the house I will. So today I will be cleaning the house, finishing the laundry, and watching a movie or two from netflix.
I also need to get in a nice run today, hopefully a 5-6 miler. I was able to knock out a quick three miles on Saturday in under 26 minutes. I hope today will be much of the same over a longer distance. I also hope some extra distance and time on the treadmill will jump start the weight loss again.

No comments:
Post a Comment