I was writing the last post and I came to a realization, I am eating a hell of alot of fiber everyday! Depending on what you read we are recommended to intake approximately 25 to 35 grams of fiber a day. There are a plethora of benefits to eating fiber. Proper fiber intake (both soluble and insoluble) can reduce risk of obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, gastrointestinal disorders and global cooling (hehehehe...increased methane production will warm any room!).
Lets do a quick calculation for my diet based on todays other blog..
Breakfast: varies from from 4gm to 6gm
Snack is a fiber one and an apple or other fruit: 9-12gms of fiber
Lunch varies based on the Lean Cuisine and Soup but anywhere from 4 to 10 grams of fiber
Afternoon snack is also 9-12 grams of fiber.
Dinner also varies from 5 to 15 grams of fiber (15 if I eat mega salad)
So my grand total on the low end is 31 grams to an absurd 55 grams of fiber per day.
Honey, Do we have any beano?!!
No comments:
Post a Comment