all the things in my life that need changing or relate to it.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

fun workout.

I made up a workout on the treadmill today to beat the boredom of running for 40 minutes.

I am sure there is a name for it, but thats not the point.

I walked for 5 minutes to warm up my legs, then put the treadmill at 6mph.  I held the pace for 5 minutes, then every 3 to 5 minutes I moved the speed up .5mph.  I kept doing this until I reached the point where the treadmill was winning and I had to back it down a few notches.  (My rule was that I had to be able to hold the pace for at least 3 minutes). 

I made it to 8.5mph and barely hung on for the 3 minutes.  As soon as I hit the three minutes I backed it back down to 6mph.  Ran there for 5 minutes and ramped it back up.  This time I made it to 8.0mph and the legs were BURNING. 

After all was said and done I was sweating like a hog and huffing and puffing.  I had covered over 3.5miles in just over 33 minutes then I walked to cool down for 5 minutes for a total workout time of 43 minutes. 

It is now almost 5pm (my workout was at 745am) and I am still feeling good from the workout.  I don't even think I needed coffee today. 

What a DAY!

No comments: