"You're Beautiful Hon,"
"No I'm not, I'm Fat!"
"You're not fat you're pregnant"
"Well I feel fat"
"You're Beautiful Hon."
The above conversation is the abbreviated version of 90% of my conversations with my BEAUTIFUL wife since she has become pregnant. I try and I try but there is no convincing a pregnant woman anything other than the thought in her head, but I continue to press on. She is currently sleeping away her pregnancy fatigue while I sit out here on the couch ticking away on the keys. The fatigue has been the biggest difficulty for both of us. Luckily Christine wasn't too nauseous during the first trimester, just tired, ALL THE TIME. I have become accustomed to going to bed at 830pm and watching tv in bed until 10 or 11 pm. Being as supportive as I can is very important to her. I don't want my wife to feel like she is ever alone in this, even though she is carrying the brunt of the responsibility right now. My more significant responsibility begins after March 25th, sonogram day. Once we find out the sex of the baby my work begins. I will be remodeling the bedroom to become the nursery. Picking up furniture, paint, a chair rail and other assorted baby goods. Let me make sure I clarify that as well. I will be PICKING UP these items, but I won't be PICKING these items. The wife has everything planned out for the rooms. I did have a say but I told her that she was welcome to pick whatever she wanted for the themes as long as they weren't overwhelmingly pink or blue. My job once these items are in the house will be to install/paint/assemble and arrange everything exactly how the wife wants them.
In my opinion one of the big myths of pregnancy is that the guy should gain weight along with his wife so that she feels sympathy. I am glad my wife agrees with me on this one because if I was gaining weight right now as opposed losing it I wouldn't be a happy camper. This weekend appears to be a washout weather wise with a forecast of heavy rain all weekend. So I will most likely be on the treadmill today and Sunday. If the weather is better on Monday maybe I can finally squeeze in another outside run.
"You're so beautiful hon."
"shut up ron (smiling)."
"yes dear."



1 comment:
she IS beautiful! :)
Post a Comment