I went to bed last night geared up to run in the morning when I woke up. Unlike friends who are running marathons or half marathons, I don't have a specific training plan I just need to run because I need to get in shape and become less fat.
The alarm came early this morning at 6am...and I had a splitting headache. How does that happen? I mean seriously it felt like I had a knife in the base of my skull. Once I stood up and moved around it just throbbed with every step and every heartbeat. So I took some ibuprofen and climbed back under the warm blankets with my snoozing wife.
I have the shoes and running clothes right in the middle of the floor in the hallway to my bedroom by design. Because they are going to prevent me from coming home from work and catching up on the DVR. I am going to move the run to after work. I hate running after work though because after standing for 8 hours straight my legs usually don't have much pop in them.
Any motivation here would help. I am definitely a-motivational today.

2 comments:
I wish I would have seen this earlier. I totally would have sent you some positive running vibes. Whenver I'm debating over a workout (or looking for motivation) I ask myself how bad I'll feel if I don't go. If the answer is the dreaded guilt I usually will go for the run. I've never regreted a run but I've regretted NOT running. On the other hand if I really feel like I don't want to go and going would make me feel worse and not better then I don't go and I usually don't feel guilty about it. But let's face it how many times can you really tell yourself a workout won't make you feel better.
Do I get an award for longest comment ever?
thanks susan! and yes you win the ultra secret prize for longest comment ever. I will buy you Jalapeno Cheddar wings at Fat Heads the next time you are in pittsburgh! George too!
Post a Comment