Last night I forced myself into bed at 9pm. As previously stated I have been putting off/taking a week off from running. I compelled myself into bed forcefully early because I didn't want any excuse for getting up at 6am to run before work today. I was up off an on about an hour before my scheduled wakeup time courtesy of some wicked awesome thunderstorms. With lightning that lit up the sky like Vegas and thunder that clapped like a NASCAR race there wasn't much consistent sleep to be had between 443am and my 6am alarm. At 6am I happily bounded out of bed...yeah thats right I bounded like a friggin' gazelle over to the alarm, grabbed my under armor, running shoes, and socks. Filled up the SIGG bottle and hopped on the treadmill. It felt really good to get back into running. I think if anything last week was a mental holiday because I have a renewed energy this morning to really start knocking down faster miles! Also as a side note since the weather is getting warmer I really can't wait to get back out on the mountain bike in a few weeks because I really miss the solitude of riding in the woods. This morning I ran for 23 minutes plus warmup and cooldown time which equates to 6 points in the weight watchers system.
I also have to amend my previous blog about the description of the show HEAVY on A&E. The format for the show has changed since the first 6 or so episodes have aired. The new format now puts 2 people into the Hilton Head Health hotel where they spend 6 months exercising, eating right, and undergoing counseling. The previous format sent people home after a few weeks to see how they did on their own. This new format appears to be much more successful in promoting and educating the individuals involved.
While at my new godsons baptism luncheon yesterday I also learned that one of my friends B.P. is also doing the weight watchers for men program. He has lost about 7lbs in his first 5 weeks, he is on about the same track as I am and is about 2 weeks behind me in the program. I am happy because now I have someone to convince to workout with me when I am feeling less than motivated. He is a father of 2 and with the encouragement of his wife has joined to get back in better shape. I wish him all the best and hopefully we can help motivate each other in the coming weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment