Today is Groundhogs day, the most famous pull a giant rat out of a weird treehouse holiday on the planet! I couldn't get drunk in a freezing cold field in Punxy this morning because I had the responsibility of properly filling the masses prescriptions.
So at the butt crack of dawn this morning Phil didn't see his shadow so spring will be here 6 weeks earlier. If I believed this I guess I would be excited because that means I will be back to running outdoors on a consistent basis to train for the warrior dash in June. But as far as I can tell winter still has its grasp firmly around the throat of Pennsylvania as the snow falls and the temperatures plummet to a balmy 20 degrees.
I can't get over how sore my legs are from running outside monday (if you can call it a run). The transition from consistent tread mill running to pavement pounding is much more profound than I remember. So a word of advice if you are making the same transition as I am, start slow. Run on softer surfaces like crushed stone, mulch, grass instead of asphalt and concrete. STRETCH!!, and convince your wife to massage your sore whiny legs if you can.
Countdown to 7 for the Steelers begins now! Time to get excited! HERE WE GO!



No comments:
Post a Comment