I had a momentary lapse of reason this morning after shoveling the driveway (+2 activity points). The wife and I had to run out for some quick errands and she suggested we go to Brueggers for breakfast. At that moment I really needed some coffee and some nourishment. I walked up to the counter and ordered a western sandwich (queue the scary horror music) after devouring my breakfast I checked the stats: SURVEY SAYS! 19 Points!
@#$@#%$@#$%#$%$%^$@!#$@#!$!!!!!
Looks like I will be eating a-lot of fruits and veggies today at work to counter the effects of my brainfart this morning. In all honesty although it is terrible to consume 19 points in one sitting, there are some positives in it. Breakfast should be a big meal you will feel full longer and be less likely to snack before lunch on something unhealthy. There was 17gms of protein in that meal as well. In hindsight there are ways to make that trip to Brueggers more WW friendly. Get the multi-grain bagel instead of the specialties, lose the cheese, keep the egg, get the veggies, lose the bacon. Dropping the bacon and the cheddar cheese shaves off 6 points and getting the multi-grain bagel shaves another 1 or 2 points off as well. The 19 point disaster could well have been just as filling for 12-13 points.
Hungry Man Rating: $4.99, 19 points, and damn near not filling enough!
I still have 28 points left for the day which is completely doable. I also have 43 extra points and 21 activity points left until Sunday morning when I have to weigh in. Unless I completely melt down and spend the next 2 days in McDonalds I'm safe.


2 comments:
Holy Moly I wonder what big mac would be on the points system. 12 to 13 with the changes you suggested seems reasonable to me :D
:) 12-14 depending on whether or not you get the mayo! gotta make those healthy choices or pay the price!
Post a Comment