all the things in my life that need changing or relate to it.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lunches just take some planning.

Lunches at work can be challenging when everyone else around you is ordering out.  But simple changes to restaurant meals can make them a-lot more weight watchers friendly.

Today I had brought in some lean cuisine meals, lots of fruit and a can of lentil soup.  When Ashley proposed we order out from a local pizza place I had my doubts about the "ww friendliness" of the meal.

Luciano's Tuna Salad:
Plenty of lettuce (would have preferred spinach and leafy greens)
purple onions, tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers, carrots, and some purple cabbage. 1 can of tuna in water, and olive oil/red wine vinegar dressing.
Points plus value 7-10 depending on how much oil, and how much tuna you use.  (1 can of tuna is 4-5 points)

Skipped from salad:  French Fries, Cheese, and Creamy Dressings.

Hungry man factor: Stuffed to the rafters!

I am not the type to get up every morning and plan my meals, but I am getting better.  But when the time comes to order out to feel like you are fitting in at work making simple substitutions can go a long way.

No comments: