Today was my second official weigh in day. I started off my journey at 235lbs, after weighing in today I am at 222.8. I have averaged 6.5lbs per week doing weight watchers for men. I am partially bummed because I thought this week would be better because I lost so much my first week...after just a peek earlier in the week I have actually gained back a pound in a half. But the bottom line is I am still losing and I have added motivation to get down even further this week. I am praying for a stretch of warm(er) weather this week so that I can maybe get to the track for some speed work.
Today is the AFC Championship game between The New York Jets and The Pittsburgh Steelers! Snacking during a game is definitely a "past" time for me. I would skip lunch because I knew I was going to be jamming down nachos, wings, hoagies etc. I remember reading an article on yahoo or msn before that said that during football season some people could average a weight gain of over 20lbs because of the excess calories consumed on game day. Looking at how I used to eat and how I am learning to eat now I can definitely believe that.
So for the game today I have decided to put together a healthier snack tray for myself. No doubt about it, I am going to miss my nachos, hoagies, and wings! I am going to prepare some fresh cut veggies (0points)and use hummus (1/4 cup=4pts) for dip. For dinner the wife suggested we order out so I think I am going to try the Applebees under 550 calorie meals. I am leaning towards the Grilled Dijon Chicken with portobellos for a whopping 12 points. Hopefully its as good as it looks in the picture.
As a side bar, today would have been the 82nd birthday of Pittsburgh's beloved Myron Cope. He will be watching from his booth in heaven as the Steelers Crush the NY Jets and on toward their 8th appearance in the Super Bowl! Grab your terrible towels, put on your black and gold and get ready to cheer on the Steelers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment