all the things in my life that need changing or relate to it.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Have you ever had one of those mornings where you woke up to run and just felt like you couldn't make your feet go?  You mope around the house trying to find an excuse not to get out there.  You put on your gear, lace up the shoes, throw on the ipod and then walk out the front door.  The humidity hits you in the face like a spatula full of cake icing...mmmmm cake...but I digress.



I headed out and down the street walking to get a bit warmed up, right as I got to my normal starting line the iPod totally came through with a fast paced song from Rise Against.  I started off on my run and approached the first hill and went into attack mode.  I crushed the hill at a near full sprint, got to the top and settled into my run pace.  When I looked down at the Garmin I was shocked to see that pace was 7:23/mile.  I felt surprisingly good after such a sluggish start to my morning.  I eventually slowed a bit to a 7:54 pace but was able to maintain that for most of the run.  On the hills my pace did slow into the high 8's, but quickly returned to the 7's on the flats and downhills.  I finished the run (including warmup and cooldown) in just under a half hour.  Total distance was 3.09 miles,  the running sections had an average pace of 8:12 courtesy of the Garmin.

Goes to show you that sometimes you just have to get out there and do it because it could be one of your best days yet.

Happy 4th Everyone!! and Happy Birthday Mom!  You share your birthday with the Greatest Country in the World!! Love you Mom!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww what a nice picture of dem and aunt nancy!! <3