all the things in my life that need changing or relate to it.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Holy crap!

Holy CRAP!  In less than 2 months I am going to be a daddy to a baby boy!  It is a very good thing that my wife is so organized and kept on me to get things done.  She kept me on a short leash and gave me a schedule to make sure we were ready for August.  Some people would be intimidated by this, but I need it.  This is why Christine and I thrive together.  She gives me things to do, I get them done.  It's not that I am not organized on my own but my methods are suspect at best.  I also do much better under pressure.  This is something I definitely perfected in pharmacy school because I cram like its my job!  If this nursery planning would have been completely left up to me on my own I would have started the job on August 1st, and probably would have finished it the day the baby came home from the hospital.

But since I had all this extra time I decided to take on some additional projects as well.  Like mulching the yard and planting a whole new landscape bed.  Painting the kitchen and the hallways.  (If I ever offer to do that again someone please remind me about the 3.5 hour edging job I had to do and I will never do it again...I'll hire someone!) Building a sweet closet organizer for the babies room and if time permits one for my closet as well.

This is the closet as it stood probably since the house was built in 1954.

Add some of this:
And you end up with this:
and then add the clothes (and fix that uneven middle bar...was I drinking?)...and you get this.

At this point I don't know if I am going to put the doors back on the closet, because I really like the look of it with the doors off.  Any opinions on that?

I guess this means that now that the nursery is complete I need to do a blog post about the room.  Pictures need to be taken and then I will post them.

In the meantime here are some really adorable kids to pass the time:


Now that I am losing all this weight, I wonder if those sweet overalls will still fit?

1 comment:

Trish said...

Definitely keep the doors off of the closet!!! I don't know where you get the time and energy for all of these jobs. Go brother!