I owe my whopping 5 followers, (Mom, T, Susan, Cindy, and Ashley) an apology. I have been M.I.A for the past few days. My weight loss has been M.I.A as well. I had a weigh in on Sunday and didn't gain or lose any weight in the last week. Actually I am quite relieved. I had a terrible week last week in relation to eating. I went out to eat numerous times. I had multiple large meals, I tried to make good choices but how do you say no to cookies and milk with your nephew? How do you say no to drinks with your boss because he's having a rough night and needs a guys night out to put back a few and talk about everything but work. How do you say no to Christine's brother Stephen in town with his girlfriend from Miami who offer to cook us dinner. How do you say no to Vince and Samantha who want to feed me lots of wine and lots of seafood in the comfort of their home and don't take no for an answer? (Shrimp/bloody mary shooters, at least a bottle of wine or more each, homemade crab cakes, brie, crab, and shrimp stuffed salmon, grappa, moonshine and cherry bombs...it was an amazing night). How do you say no to Christine's mom taking us out for brunch to celebrate her dad's birthday at Bistro 19. How do you say no? You don't. It's one week that you just can't plan for. It's one week where you get up and run 4 out of 5 days that week. It's one week where you put in more than 15 miles running because you know you can't say no.
The food was fantastic. The time spent with great friends and family is not replaceable by anything else. I would take one bad week occasionally to continue to have great times like this. I got back on the program this week and got back into my routine. This week's forecast involves alot less calories.
How can I say no? I didn't.
2 comments:
I honestly feel if you restrict yourself (like if you HAD said no) you would have been miserable the whole time. That's why I don't restrict. And although it's your goal to lose weight right now, you were able to maintain with lots of exercise! I think you're on to MY plan. lol Anyway, glad you are enjoying your life because that's what it's all about.
I definitely am sticking with the plan till i get to my goal weight! but then i will maintain on the tirch plan... run so i can eat!
Post a Comment