all the things in my life that need changing or relate to it.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bodyweight 100 update.

So I decided to add a bit of circuit training to my daily workouts to help speed along the weight loss, but also to tone and get more fit.  This week on Monday I woke up and ran 2 miles (instead of my normal 3 or 4) at 6am, then immediately jumped into my circuit from the Bodyweight 100 workouts.  I felt great and was also able to complete the circuit in about 8 minutes. 

I ran again this morning at 6am for 2 miles at an 8:25 mile pace.  With warmup and cooldown I did 22 minutes of cardio.  I toweled out sweating like hog (its a bit muggy this morning and the man cave is cool but muggy) and jumped into my circuit again.  I gotta say I feel incredible.  Granted the first week of the bodyweight workouts is relatively easy being that it is only 100 movements.  I am sure when I run and start doing the bodyweight 500 I am going to be much more sapped after my workout. 

Speaking of workouts I am going to need to get new running shorts soon, I am beginning to shrink my way out of my current shorts and I can't tie them much tighter!  While I am at the sporting goods store I am going to have to pickup an exercise ball as well because the later workouts require one. 

I was not as sore as I thought I would be after completing 2 circuits this week hopefully this trend will continue.  Hopefully the circuits will jump start my weight loss and get me back on track to my goal of losing close to 50 lbs.

2 comments:

Susan Tirch said...

keep up the good work! where are the pics of the nursery... or a baby bump pic at least. sheesh! ;)

Unknown said...

they are coming!! I have to get the nursery finished first!

i guess I could put up preliminary before and after shots.